There are a number of destinations in Uganda where you can enjoy a boat cruise or a Launch trip. Some of these places include the Kazinga channel located in Queen Elizabeth Park, Victoria Nile in Murchison falls national park, the Source of the Nile in Jinja, Lake Victoria, Lake Bunyonyi, Lake Mburo, and many other places.
While on these boat trips, you have a chance to enjoy other activities like bird watching and wildlife viewing, especially in places within parks.
Boat Cruise Safety
Here are a few tips and safety precautions you need to consider before you go on a boat trip;
- Do not hang over the side railings of the boat at any time. Any turbulence could very easily throw you into the water which is very scary.
- Properly fitted life jackets can prevent drowning and should be worn at all times by everyone on board. Double-check the straps of your life jacket for peace of mind.
- For your convenience, Toilet and Hand wash facilities are provided on the Hippo boat and Jetty Washrooms.
- Avoid smoking on the boats. Most boat cruises are shared with other visitors and this would count as smoking in public. If you must consult with the boat staff for some advice.
- Be aware of the gap between the boats and the jetty when boarding and disembarking the boats. You should therefore watch your step while getting on or getting off the boat.
- Always remain seated until the boat has moved and the tour guide has indicated that it’s safe to disembark.
- Always advise any staff member on the boat in case you get sick at any point during the cruise. You should feel free and talk to the guides/staff such that they are able to help you.
- Always keep your valuables with you at all times and don’t leave your bags or valuables unattended.
- Try to refrain from excessive noise as this might scare away animals and affect the enjoyment of other passengers.