Kibale Forest Camp is a Safari Lodge in-between the evergreen forests of Kibale forest national park. It offers comfortable & budget friendly accommodation to all visitors going to the park. It’s located just outside the southern part of the Park bordering the Magombe swamp, known for the Bigodi Wetland Sanctuary which is a 10 minutes’ drive to Kanyanchu Visitor Center, the place from where your Chimpanzee tracking will start. The Lodge has 10 Safari tents located in between a bush forest giving you the utmost satisfaction of a classic African safari. A Camp-site is also available if you want to opt for lazy camping.
Kibale forest is one of the most magnificent rain-forests and one of the most rewarding areas to explore. It is also known as the primate capital of the world, so be ready to capture the amazing black en white collobus monkeys, chimpanzees and 12 other primate species. Over 370 species of Birds also inclusive.
- Restaurant & Bar suited in a beautiful wooden grass-thatched building
- African en-suite safari style tents tucked away in a lush forest
- thatched non self-contained tents (lazy camping option), a great value for money is guaranteed
- African safari style tents, comfortably furnished with twin or double beds
- Alternative accommodation in the form of non-self-contained tents
- Forest smells and sounds
- Spotting primates swinging through the trees
- Observing rare birds and beautiful butterflies fluttering
- 2-bedroom Villa Suite
- Chimpanzee trekking with over 95% of seeing the chimps
- Chimpanzee Habituation Experience (Spend a full day with the chimpanzees and witness them de-nesting, feeding, playing)
- Visits to Bigodi Wetland Sanctuary
- Birding safaris
- Night Walks through the forest in search of nocturnal forest residents
- Exploration of the crater lakes
- Visit to the Tea Estates
- Visit to the hidden Mahoma waterfall
- Children’s Forest Camp (Designed for children who are too young to participate in the chimp tracking)
Twin Set Tent
African En-suit Safari Tent
You can decide to relax at Kibale forest camp before or after your Primate tracking experience in Kibale forest national park. A 2 course meal or 4 course dinner served at the restaurant is the perfect way to make your day end in a special way. The bar also serves drinks of any kind from beer to whisky. Kibale forest camp is quite strict on the restaurant menu due to logistic reasons, so it’s always good to inform them in advance of what you will be going to eat.
Kibale forest camp is part of the portfolio of other lodges owned by Nature Lodges – a Ugandan Safari Lodge company.
Getting to Kibale Forest Camp
Kibale forest Camp can be visited anytime of the year and the annual temperature range of the forest is 14 – 27 degrees Celcius. It takes about 5 to 6 hours to drive from Kampala to Kibale forest camp if you are using the Kampala – Hoima road. Alternatively you can fly to Kibale forest via Nyakisharira airstrip in Mbarara or Kasese airstrip.