Mabamba Swamp Birding Tour
Duration: 1 Day
Activity: Bird-watching (Birding)
One of our best birding excursions in Uganda that takes you to Entebbe for the famous Shoebill found in Mabamba Swamp.
The Mabamba Swamp is the best place to view the famous Shoebill in Uganda. It’s located west of 40 kilometers west of Entebbe and can be accessed by both road and a boat tour across Lake Victoria. This tour will take you to this famous birding spot early morning and in the afternoon visit the Botanical Gardens in Entebbe – another birding area. You will come across a number of other bird species with this tour.
Day 1: Birding In Mabamba Swamp
Early morning, your guide will pick you from your place of residence or accommodation and drive to Mabamba Swamp in Entebbe. You will take a canoe (wooden boat) while at the swamp accompanied by the guide in search for the shoebill stork. Other birds found include like papyrus gonolek, blue breasted bee-eater, red headed love bird, sun billed stork. Later in afternoon visit the botanical gardens, one of the best places to visit around Entebbe. Key birds found in gardens include; Batwalk, orange weaver and orange tufted sunbird.
End of tour
- Transport in a 4WD vehicle with pop-up roof.
- All fuel for the tour
- English speaking Ugandan driver/guide.
- Accommodation and Meals on Full Board (Breakfast Lunch and Dinner)
- Park-entrance fees for all National parks
- All activities described in the itinerary
- Drinking water throughout the safari.
- International air fares
- Entry visa Uganda
- Meals that are not part of your accommodation.
- A porter for during the gorilla tracking’s (someone who carries your daypack).
- Personal (medical/travel) insurance
- Tips and gratuities to rangers, driver/guide, porter, hotel staff, etc.
- All expenses of personal nature (e.g. drinks, laundry, optional activities, souvenirs etc.)