Lake Mburo National Park Tour
Duration: 2 Days
Activity: Game drives, Nature walks, Boat cruise, Bird watching
Destinations: Lake Mburo national park
A short 2 days trip to one of Uganda’s most spectacular & breath-taking game parks, a very special place with a medley of habitats and a number of attractions.
Lake Mburo is in the middle of an extensive rich acacia woodland, and there are several activities you can enjoy including nature walks, bird-watching, boat cruises & game drives. Departing from Kampala, you will stop by the Equator line, one of the places in the world where you feel a lighter-weight effect. Continuing the Journey to Igongo cultural centre on Mbarara – Masaka road, you will get to have an African dish for lunch and a cultural tour afterwards. In the park you will see a number of beautiful animals including zebras, Kobs, elands, hippos etc. A boat trip will give you a perfect birding experience to see a number of birds including the African fish eagle, shoebill and many others.
Day 1: Kampala to Lake Mburo
Today we drive from the capital city of Uganda – Kampala to Lake Mburo national park which is located between the towns of Masaka & Mbarara. Stop-over at the Equator line in Mpigi for snacks & photography before continuing to Mburo which is a 3 and a half hours’ or 4 hours drive (228kms ) from Kampala. Continue driving to the park while enjoying a game drive before you check into your lodge for dinner & overnight stay.
Accommodation at Mihingo Lodge (Luxury) or Mburo safari lodge (Comfort).
Meal plan: Lunch and Dinner
Day 2: Game drive & transfer back to Kampala
Early morning after breakfast, your guide will take you an early morning game drive where you will get to encounter zebras, impalas, buffaloes, hippos, topi and elands including the rare shoebill, crested crane, pelicans, fish eagle and other birds. If possible, you will go for a 2 hour boat trip on Lake Mburo amidst crocodiles and a huge number of hippos. Later check out the lodge and drive back to Kampala.
Meal plan: Breakfast & Lunch
End of tour
- Transport in a 4WD vehicle with pop-up roof.
- All fuel for the tour
- English speaking Ugandan driver/guide.
- Accommodation and Meals on Full Board (Breakfast Lunch and Dinner)
- Park-entrance fees for all National parks
- All activities described in the itinerary
- Drinking water throughout the safari.
- International air fares
- Entry visa Uganda
- Meals that are not part of your accommodation.
- A porter for during the gorilla tracking’s (someone who carries your daypack).
- Personal (medical/travel) insurance
- Tips and gratuities to rangers, driver/guide, porter, hotel staff, etc.
- All expenses of personal nature (e.g. drinks, laundry, optional activities, souvenirs etc.)