Stay at the Bunyonyi Overland resort, a wonderful & tranquil place with wonderful views of the Lake Bunyonyi. It’s also a great stop – over for visitors going to see the Mountain Gorillas in Bwindi and Mgahinga national parks.
Bunyonyi Overland resort provides accommodation to all kinds of visitors in comfortable safari tents, rooms, cottages and family cottages which are self-contained & furnished for your own convenience. The resort also offers a self-camping option for those with their own equipment and a comfortable rent a mobile tent’ with or without bedding arrangement in their pleasant gardens. The furnished safari tents have twin beds, electric lighting, 2 directors’ chairs, a writing table and a hammock for your comfort but with a shared bathroom & toilet facilities.
- Situated along Lake Bunyonyi
- Gorgeous lakeside setting with uninterrupted views
- Swimming in the lake (free from Bilharzia and no hippos or crocodiles are found there)
- One of the best birding areas with over 200 recorded species
- Boat tour of Lake Bunyonyi (Canoe ride)
- Conference space and a craft shop
- Picnic and relaxation areas
- Spacious snack bar, restaurant with a fireplace
- Volleyball, badminton, indoor games
- Swimming, canoeing, boat-motor hire
- Bird watching
- Mountain biking
- Community walks
- Twice weekly local market
How to get to Bunyonyi Overland Resort
Bunyonyi overland resort is located in Kabale district about 410 kilometers southwest of Kampala (Uganda’s Capital city) just close to Lake Bunyonyi. Visitors to Uganda who wish to enjoy the scenery and stay at this resort can now book through a tour operator. It’s close to the route going to Bwindi forest national park and anyone travelling for a gorilla safari can stay at this resort.